For our virtual appointments, you will be connected to your physician through our electronic records platform, JaneApp. Jane offers an end-to-end encrypted video connection that is HIPAA compliant. Approximately 15 minutes before your appointment, Jane will send an email to your email on file with our system. You will be able to click a link in the email to enter the virtual waiting room. When your appointment starts, you will be connected with the physician, it's that easy!
If this is a functional medicine appointment, please remember to do the following:
- Confirm your email address with Jane ahead of time so you receive your email at the time of your appointment.
- Complete any consent forms through Jane
- Enter your credit card information into Jane Payments (this should have been completed to book the appointment) to be charged upon completion of your appointment
- Complete the functional medicine intake information through The Living Matrix which is a separate platform from Jane. You should have received an email with this information at the end of your 15-minute consultation. These forms take time to complete. They take even longer to review! Please have the information completed at least 48 hours prior to your appointment to allow your physician adequate time to review your history so that they are also prepared for your appointment. This will help you get the most out of your initial consultation time!
In-office appointments will look a little bit different than your regular office appointments. Our roots are virtual, and we rely heavily on technology to create the best experience for you!
- Prior to coming into your initial appointment, you will receive consent forms from Jane to be completed electronically.
- For osteopathic and breastfeeding consultations, you will also receive history forms through Jane.
- For functional medicine consultations, you also will receive intake forms to complete through Living Matrix. This is a software system designed specifically for Functional Medicine. This allows us to quickly build your medical history timeline and identify key areas to target and track how you are feeling as we make changes. It also connects our practice to The LivingMatrix Practitioner Research Network (LM-PRN), allowing us to participate in efficient, effective research to show the benefits a functional approach has for patients.
- Prior to your appointment, you will receive a COVID screening questionnaire from Jane. If any issues are identified, you will have the opportunity to reschedule at no cost.
- When you arrive for your appointment, there is no receptionist for our practice! Find the QR code on the window and scan it to check-in! Please make yourself comfortable in the pretreatment area. Wear comfortable, breathable clothing as all patients will receive a structural examination as part of our practice.
- After your appointment, hydrate in our post-consultation room. Relax and unwind before heading home.
- Any follow-up appointments can be self-scheduled or scheduled with our physicians before you leave the office.
For overall healthy people looking to optimize their wellness, a single consultation with lab review follow-up will likely be sufficient. For people looking for support in instating lifestyle changes or looking for assistance resolving a chronic medical condition, we generally recommend a 3-12 month timeframe to work with us and this will be discussed with you at your initial visit.
For those looking only for Osteopathic Manipulation, visits after acute injuries can range from 1-4 treatments. For chronic issues, we generally see our patients 1-2 times per month at most. Our goal is to get you feeling well without our help. We offer prolotherapy as part of our practice to help repair damaged structures that may be contributing to your symptoms.